The world of business has inevitably changed since 2020. Today, besides having vision and innovation, you have to make investments and adopt a new approach. This approach must stress on gratifying an employee so that they are happy and satisfied. Whether they are a leader or a manager, employees must feel connected to their purpose.
The future engagement of employees depends on the five new trends that embrace flexibility and technology. Many recent trends have appeared, with some working and some not. But here’s what we have for you: the five engagement trends for remote employees. These will help you make informed decisions and battle the current crisis like a boss.
- Focus on the channels of communication
Suppose you have workers working on-site. You must brief them well on their roles. And inform them about the colleagues that will work with them. Install rapid communication channels so that they stay in touch with each other, regardless of where they are. We must admit that meet-ups have worked wonders, especially for discussions relating to project issues and progress.
- Measuring engagement alone wouldn’t do – go the extra mile!
As per the latest data, organizations spend 720 dollars million to gauge engagement. But according to an American analytical company, only 36 per cent of the workforce is occupied. The rest 64 per cent is going through a gamut of emotions or feeling plain miserable.
Your company is a breathing and living entity. Thus, you cannot manage performance directly. Hence, you must understand the areas that drive employees’ behaviours and directly impact their performance. Measure the conditions that matter. These conditions include alignment of personal strengths, psychological safety, and intrinsic motivation.
When quantifying an employee’s prosperity levels, you should find out whether your organization is excelling with its people.
- Improve the workstation of your employee, be proactive
On identifying the positions that fit remote working best, you must give your employees an alternative. Not every person whose job may call for remote working, can do tasks remotely. Thus, do not expect the employees to brush their problems under the carpet. We suggest rethinking the entire journey of an employee and supporting everyone through this challenging time. Approximately 50 million jobs can be done from the comfort of a home, however, some cannot. Thus, we suggest that you furnish remote workers with all the software and hardware needed to work remotely. These small steps will help create a flexible environment amidst the pandemic.
Adapt to the scenario of digital work but do not expect this new work wave to speed up as it advances.
- Focus on talent development
Before the coronavirus smothered us, the threat of talent shortage already rocked the business world. According to a US survey, employers confessed that they struggled to discover the talent they needed.
With slashing of budgets and layoffs, re-skilling employees has become the need of the hour.
One way to counter this problem is by developing your company as a marketplace for talent. This marketplace will have employees as the network’s segment. And once they are a part of the network, you can allocate them to new teams whenever you require their skills.
- Get employees on the board with big, all-embracing goals
When employees have understood their roles, are comfortable in their set up, and know what to do, get them on the board. Discuss the overarching goals of your company so that you can trade again.
When the trade picks up and profits start pouring in, job insecurities and other fears will be eliminated. People will roll their sleeves up and do their bit to boost the success of the business. Encountering a shared tragedy or trauma has a fantastic way of dragging employees together towards success and survival.
A business may break, but it can heal as well. Each of these trends that drive remote employee engagement will be crucial in your company’s recovery. We hope these trends ensure that people under you remain engaged, productive, and cared for during and beyond a crisis.